The World Health Organization (WHO)
– Integrating palliative care and symptom relief into responses to humanitarian emergencies and crises: a WHO guide 2018
International/ regional PC professional associations
– Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network (APHN) Covid-19 Resources
– European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) Coronavirus and the palliative care response
– International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) Resources relevant to Palliative Care and COVID-19
– Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA) WHPCA partner resources for COVID-19
– European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Introduction to the ESMO COVID-19 Palliative Care Pathways
National PC professional associations
– Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland COVID-19 and Palliative, End of Life and Bereavement Care in Secondary Care – Role of the specialty and guidance to aid care (22 March 2020) pdf file – this guidance covers areas including symptom control, discussions about goals of care and clinical decision making in respiratory failure.
– Centre to Advance Palliative Care, USA (CAPC) CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources
– National Hospice and Palliative Care Organisation, USA (NHPCO) COVID-19 Information
eHospice, under NHPCO Free COVID-19 Shared Decision-Making Tool(19 March 2020)
eHospice, under NHPCO Managing breathlessness in Covid-19 (25 March 2020)
– Palliative Care Australia COVID-19 Updates
Palliative Care Autralia Statement on COVID-19
Palliative care related publications with OPEN ACCESS
– COVID-19 Collection. Journal of Pain and Symptom management
– BC Centre for Palliative Care Guidelines. Symptom management for adult patients with COVID-19 receiving end-of-life supportive care outside of the ICU (22 Mar 2020)
– Brooks SK, Webster RK, Smith LE, et al. The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence. Lancet 2020; 395: 912-20.
– Nouvet, E., Sivaram, M., Bezanson, K. et al. Palliative care in humanitarian crises: a review of the literature . Int J Humanitarian Action 3, 5 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1186/s41018-018-0033-8
– Downar, James et al. Palliating a Pandemic: ‘‘All Patients Must Be Cared For’’ J Pain Symptom Manage 2010 Feb;39(2):291-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2009.11.241.
– Coronavirus (COVID19). JAMA network
– Palliative Care Considerations for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease under COVID-19 American College of Cardiology (ACC)